Simple Christmas Roast Turkey Recipe
Cook up a feast with this simple classic roast turkey recipe and your guest will never know how simple it is to prepare this juicy meat!
10-12 serves | 30mins prep | 150mins cook
1. Remove excess fat, giblets and neck from turkey. Rinse briefly under cold water, pat dry inside and out using paper towels. Brush inside with lemon juice and rub with salt. Place 1/3 of the onion, carrot, celery and parsley into the cavity. Tuck wings under bird and truss with kitchen twine.
2. Combine butter, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Run your fingers gently under the skin of the breast section to loosen. Spread half the butter mixture between the breast and the skin to coat the meat.
3. Preheat Hitachi Oven to 180°c. Scatter remaining onion over the base of a roasting pan. Place turkey over onion. Melt the remaining butter mixture with oil and brush all over the skin. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour 2 cups of the wine into the base of the pan. Cover breast of turkey with baking paper and then cover with foil.
5. Roast for 2 1/2 hours, basting with extra butter and pan juices every 30 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Add a little water to the pan, if drying out. Remove foil for last 40 minutes to brown.
6. Transfer turkey to a heated platter, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 20 minutes before carving. serve turkey slices with crispy roast potatoes and stuffing balls.
7. Enjoy! #CookWithESH
Featuring: Hitachi Microwave Oven - MROAV200